To order copies of a certificate you must give us enough information to find the original record.
To order a copy of a birth certificate we need to know:
- full name at birth
- date of birth
- place of birth (hospital or other address)
- mother's full name (including maiden name if possible)
- father's full name (if possible)
To order a copy of a death certificate we need to know:
- full name of deceased
- date of death
- name and address of place of death
- maiden name (if applicable)
Marriage or civil partnership certificates
To order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate we need to know:
- where the marriage or civil partnership ceremony was
- date of marriage or civil partnership
- full names of both parties (for a woman, her maiden name before the marriage or civil partnership)
Certificate copies are only available from the Register Office once the church has passed its marriage register to us.
For a copy of the marriage certificate you may need to contact the relevant church.
To check if we hold your records, you can contact the Croydon Register Office.