The Sport and Physical Activity Facilities Strategy sets out Croydon’s ambitions for its indoor and outdoor sports and physical activity facilities over the next five years.
Through two recent studies, we have independently assessed both our indoor and outdoor sports facilities to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the sport and physical activity facility offer and where we need to make improvements.
The strategy provides information on the following:
- An overview of the facilities in the borough
- The supply of facilities in terms of quantity and quality
- The demand for the type of facilities
- What needs to be achieved over the next five years
- How we intend to achieve it
This strategy will be used to shape a Facilities Action Plan that will outline steps on a sport by sport basis and used to identify associated funding opportunities. The document will support future planning and contract procurement over the next five years and underpin internal and external investment.