Latest Government advice
We are now in national lockdown. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives.
This means that you cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them, or they are part of your existing support bubble. Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household.
View the full list of restrictions for the national lockdown.
Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV)
The Government is issuing new guidance to clinically extremely vulnerable people, setting out the help and support that is available to you.
The current advice states that you should stay at home as much as possible but are encouraged to go outdoors carefully to exercise or to attend health appointments. You are strongly advised to work from home if you can. If you cannot work from home, then you should not attend work. You may be eligible for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (furlough).
The latest published guidance is here, but new guidance is due soon.
If you need any additional support to help you follow the guidance, you can contact us and register for support
If you're at high risk and need urgent support
Support is available through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme. Volunteers can help you with:
- collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies.
- a regular, friendly phone call, which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who is also shielding and will stay in contact for several weeks; and
- transport to medical appointments
Please call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm to arrange support. More information is available at nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk
Help with prescriptions
If you don't currently have your prescriptions collected or delivered you can arrange this by:
- asking someone who can pick up your prescription from the local pharmacy
- contacting your pharmacy to ask them to help you find a volunteer (who will have been ID checked) or deliver it to you. Find your local pharmacy
- asking your hospital care team about collecting or delivering your hospital specialist medication
If you need urgent help or assistance, please call Croydon Council on 020 8604 7787.
If you are having trouble getting through, please complete our Coronavirus support form.
You can also visit our support for hardship or difficulties page which has advice for residents who are experiencing hardship as a result of Coronavirus.