What you should do
On 31 July the government paused the shielding programme. Those who were shielding from Coronavirus due to being clinically high risk can return to shops and places of worship whilst following social distancing guidelines. They can also return to work if the business is made safe from Coronavirus.
For more information, read GOV.UK's guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from Coronavirus.
If you're not sure whether or not you're in the high risk group, you should check NHS advice.
If you're at high risk and need urgent support
Support will continue to be available through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme beyond the end of July. NHS Volunteer Responders can help you with:
- collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies.
- a regular, friendly phone call which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who is also shielding and will stay in contact for several weeks; and
- transport to medical appointment
Please call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm to arrange support. More information is available at nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk
If you need urgent help or assistance, please call Croydon Council 020 8604 7787
If you are having trouble getting through, please complete our Coronavirus support form.
You can also:
- visit our support for hardship or difficulties page has advice for residents who are experiencing hardship as a result of Coronavirus
- visit Croydon Voluntary Action to find out about non-council services still running and new activities being set up to support people in need
What we're doing to protect you
If you don't currently have your prescriptions collected or delivered
You can arrange this by:
- asking someone who can pick up your prescription from the local pharmacy
- contacting your pharmacy to ask them to help you find a volunteer (who will have been ID checked) or deliver it to you. Find your local pharmacy
- asking your hospital care team about collecting or delivering your hospital specialist medication
Other support available
Our support for hardship or difficulties page has advice for residents who are experiencing hardship as a result of Coronavirus.
Contact NHS volunteer responders. They can help with shopping and help with isolation.
Visit Croydon Voluntary Action to find out about non-council services still running and new activities being set up to support people in need.
You can contact Croydon Voluntary Action by: