Stay alert, control the virus, save lives
The government’s latest guidance urges everyone to stay alert, control the virus and to help save lives by:
- staying at home as much as possible
- working from home if you can
- limiting contact with other people
- keeping your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- washing your hands regularly
- not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
Check the NHS website for what to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
NHS and government advice
The coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation on 11 March 2020.