Keep Croydon Safe
The government’s latest guidance urges everyone to:
- keeping your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- washing your hands regularly
- not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
Check the NHS website for what to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
The NHS Test and Trace service
The Government has moved to the next stage of action to combat coronavirus with the introduction of a new test and trace service to protect our friends and family from infection, and protect our NHS.
Anyone with symptoms will be tested and their close contacts will be traced, including:
- those in the same household
- people with whom they have been in direct contact – or within two metres for more than 15 minutes
If you have been in close contact with someone who tests positive, follow the NHS advice, even if you have no symptoms, to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.
NHS and government advice
The coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation on 11 March 2020.