Pay an invoice

Invoices may be issued for a wide range of services, and can also be referred to as sundry debts.

How to pay your invoice

Pay online

The easiest way to pay is with a credit or debit card.

Please enter your customer and invoice numbers when asked.

Go to our online payment system and select ‘general invoice’.

Pay by phone

Telephone: 0345 606 6683.

Available 24 hours a day, select option 5 for sundry debt payments. You will need your customer and invoice number located on the top right hand side of your invoice for reference.

If you receive an invoice

If you have received an invoice, it may relate to a service you have requested or you were provided with by the council. To enable us to continue to deliver a wide range of services to our residents, we are required to make a charge.

Examples of services that you might request and for which a charge would then be raised are:

  • accommodation charges and domiciliary care for the elderly
  • care alarms
  • hire of leisure facilities, such as halls and football pitches
  • pest control and treatment

Examples of invoices

Alternatively you may receive an invoice to recover money/benefits you were not entitled to, or as the result of a legislative requirement or contractual agreement. Some examples for which an invoice might be raised are:

  • abandoned vehicles
  • business refuse collection and bin hire
  • commercial rent payments
  • education penalty notice
  • housing property recharges
  • leases and licenses
  • overpaid grant awards
  • planning inspection charges

Disputed invoices

If you think an invoice is incorrect or you are not sure why it has been sent to you, please contact the corporate debt recovery service immediately. You may need to put your dispute in writing.

We will help with your enquiry but we may refer your query to the issuing department to make further checks. It is important you speak to us immediately so we can ensure that your dispute is resolved as soon as possible and to stop us taking possible legal action.

If you don't pay an invoice

We will instruct legal services where appropriate to take you to court to recover the debt. You will be liable for further costs.

If you are experiencing financial difficulty and you are unable to make payment in full, you should contact the corporate debt recovery service immediately before the matter escalates. We would be happy to sign-post you to other organisations that offer help and debt advice. 

Debts we do not deal with

There are certain debts we do not deal with:
Business rates
Housing benefit overpayments
Council tax
Housing rent – current and former
Garage rents
Parking fines
Leasehold service charges

The Corporate Debt Recovery team

020 8667 8460

Croydon Council , Floor 5, Zone C, 8 Mint Walk, Bernard Weatherill House, Croydon CR0 1EA , United Kingdom